Impulse/Control progress

We came up with a title for our concept: Impulse/Control. I’m really happy how this project has me jumping from the wood, costume, and electronics workshops. We’re investing a lot of time and effort into the project, and we’re excited to see how it comes together.

Two boxes, new buzzers

Two control boxes are built. We found a different kind of plastic case from a dentist office for the buzzer enclosures.

One box is wired up.

One box is wired up.

a pile of diodes (instead of a microcontroller)

Close-up of the diode logic for multiple switches to control multiple buzzers.

Costume prototyping

Costume prototyping.

Dancer control construction progress

Monday, we finally got the joystick and buttons in the mail.

Joystick surgery

I’m really happy with the look and feel of the joystick and arcade buttons. One of the four directions wasn’t clicking every time, so I did a little joystick surgery. It is satisfying to be able to take apart a component with a few screws then immediately see how it works and how to fix it.

Control box 1

Here is the first control box. We still need to do the wiring inside.

Fabricating the pressure points

Thanks to the other class members who helped me get these plastic eggs out of their chocolate packaging. Each of these will be a vibration/light module to give directional impulses to the dancer.